2020 Canada Deaf Games
The 2020 Canada Deaf Games (CDG) will be held from May 12th to 16th, 2020 in Edmonton, Alberta.
The CDG don’t have a ‘competition’ component like the World Championships or Deaflympics, but also a ‘participation’ component in a friendly atmosphere. They also offer a great opportunity to meet other Deaf and hard of hearing athletes from other provinces as well as to lead an active lifestyle. However, the most important goal of the Games is to have fun!
The official sports at the Games will be:
Curling | Ice Hockey | Bowling | Volleyball | Badminton | Pickleball | Basketball
Register online here.
We encourage all participants to register and to contact their Provincial Deaf Sports Association (PDSA) for information on financial assistance. Contact information for each PDSA is available below.
- British Columbia Deaf Sports Federation email@example.com
- Alberta Deaf Sports Association firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saskatchewan Deaf Sports Association email@example.com
- Manitoba Dead Sports Association firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ontario Deaf Sports Association email@example.com
- Association sportive des Sourds du Quebec firstname.lastname@example.org
Sport Technical Rules
Description of the CDG logo
Creating a unique logo for the CDG was a challenge as there is plenty of the deaf-related iconography to draw from. Participants of the CDG are strong individuals, so I wanted a different and unique look. I also wanted a different shape for the logo. I separated the maple leaf in the middle to fit the wording in. The red and white maple leaf was chosen, because it is Canadian. The creative lighting into the maple leaf’s background and shadow is a different style as it gives the finishing touch.
Creator: Patrick Griffith