2022 Summer Deaflympics
The 2021 Summer Deaflympics was postponed to 2022 and was held in Caxias do Sul, Brazil from May 1 to 15, 2022.
For Facebook consultation between April 21 and May 12, 2022.
All about 2022 Summer Deaflympics: Deaflympics official webiste
- 1st participation of a Women’s Beach Volleyball team in a Summer Deaflympics
- 1st participation of a golf team in a Summer Deaflympic
- 9 out of 15 athletes were in their first participation in the Summer Deaflympics
- Largest number of players registered in badminton discipline at the Deaflympics with 5 athletes, four of whom represent diversity
- A great performance by the tennis team with a total of 3 wins including including one in Men’s Doubles
- The youngest player on the Canadian team was Vaunn Smith (20 years old), a beach volleyball athlete
- Honorable mention to Lance Gordon, 55-year-old badminton athlete who participated for the last time and for a 5th time at these Games
- A first medal at the Summer Deaflympics since 2009 by a Canadian athlete, the golfer Russell Bowie
Members of the Canadian team who were part of the trip to the Summer Deaflympics in Brazil:
MEET TEAM CANADA’S ATHLETES
The CDSA was proud to announce the selection of its 4 national teams to represent Team Canada at the Deaflympics. No less than 15 Canadian athletes from five provinces was present in Brazil.
Follow Teams Canada here:
National Bowling Team
National Beach Volleyball Team
National tennis team
National badminton team
National Golf Team
TEAM CANADA 2022 – STAFF MISSION
MEDIA COVERAGE BEFORE AND DURING DEAFLYMPICS
April 27, 2022 – Team Canada getting ready for the Summer Deaflympics
February 11, 2022 – Team Canada at Deaflympics during pandemic?
January 29, 2021 – PRESS RELEASE – Postponement of the 2021 Summer Deaflympics